Friday, August 22, 2008

GOING SOLO

One of the reasons I started this blog, is to be able to chronicle my journey from being an employee, to being self employed.



Well, I had planned and labored for the past year about the idea of being my own boss. I talked it over and over with my spouse, and my parents. There were times when the thought of it would give me fears about how I would be able to cope with the concept of not having money come from my usual and dependable source.



When working for someone else, all you need to do is make sure you show up and do the work to your best. And as long as you fulfill your end of the bargain (contract, work...) you get paid. So you can imagine all the thoughts that began to run in my head when I the idea of being self employed arose. (Will I make it, what if I don't, ???) I discussed at length with my husband and parents and they all said "pray about it". I began to ask God to please let his will be done, (though I was praying that, Lord help me so I can stand on my own)


Praying about it took months and, with the months came doubts and assurances. The assurance was certainly greater than the doubts and I sort further advice from my dad who took me back to my history and roots.

After much thought, I resigned from my job on the 18th of August, and the 29th of August will be my last day.

I thought I was going to be sad and all emotional when I tendered my resignation but, the opposite is the case. I have been very happy , it seems like a big burden has been lifted off my shoulders. Like I tell people, when the thought of what you do or where you work begins to make you cringe, It is definitely time for a change.

Thank God my change is here.

5 comments:

Jay said...

I am first...yay!

Jay said...

My dear you have taken a big step and hence the rewards will be double fold...very courageous, with god holding your hand, it can only get better

Goodluck xxx

Me thinks i am new here..

Oropo said...

thanks for stopping by jarrai

Hunter girl said...

Well done for taking the plunge...
I once heard someone say...having a JOB was being 'Just Over Broke'...so well done for taking the enterprenuiral route(not sre if the spelling is right)!!!

Goodluck...lets know how it goes...

Muah!!!

Oropo said...

@hunter girl
thanks, I'll be sure to write about the experience soon