Tuesday, August 19, 2008

See Me See Trouble II

Sorry I have been Mia, I promised to continue my last post and every time I try to finish, one thing or the other pops up.

Well back to the gist about my trip.

After the immigration wahala, I proceeded to get my stuff from the conveyor belt. I had about three suitcases and me being me, I always overpack. (I pack a month in advance of my scheduled trip, so I never forget anything). My brother on the other hand is the opposite, my opinion is that he does not care, to him, its naija, and whatever he does not bring with him can always be bought.

when we arrived at customs with our heavy looking luggage's, the customs guys felt they had got a good catch. They demanded that we open our suitcases for inspection, my brother's was the first, he opened and they saw all these shirts and suits and all what his groomsmen were going to wear for his wedding and they kept telling him that, they think he was going to be selling them.

I quickly jumped in and told them that he was not going to sell them because at this point the guy was looking for his size and that of his colleagues. I explained to the customs guy that my brother was getting married and the shirts were for his groomsmen and stuff. They then said ok, find us something, while we were there arguing, my father walked in and demanded to know "what's up" ? The guy not knowing who my dad is, said he was just welcoming us to Nigeria.
We all laughed, and proceeded out of the arrival lounge to our car and stuff.

It's so surprising to see how Nigerian officials on contact with them expect that you "must drop something". I asked the policeman that stopped us on our way from the airport why he felt the need to delay us, then ask us to find him something. From the airport, to my parents house we had contact with at least three different types of officials and they all wanted money from us.

I concluded that we had mega MUGUN written all over our foreheads and this officials wanted their share of the national cake we were carrying.

till I update again its ciao from this end

1 comment:

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Hahahah... "that we had mega MUGUN written all over our foreheads"

U're funny.

All the best.